Realise Your Full Value
The value that has been created by an entrepreneur, management team, family or corporate shareholder is normally only fully realised through a successful disposal or sale of a business.
There are many reasons why you may want to sell: retirement, a change of strategic direction or to stem the problems caused by an under-performing asset.
Now more than ever a vendor will need certainty that a deal is deliverable within the timescale and at the level of consideration which is agreed at the outset with the potential purchaser.
Identify Risks Early
Identifying risks as soon as possible is crucial. Our integrated corporate finance and legal team can identify risk early on in the process. Investing time up front will bring certainty and deliverability to any transaction.
Using our combined networks and access to research tools we perform significant research in order to identify the right strategic buyers for the business. Our target list may include both trade players and private equity institutions, who we believe have the resources or ability to raise the funding to complete the deal.
Maximise the Sale Proceeds
We have a proven track record of maximising the sale proceeds. We provide lots of tactics and coaching throughout, as each deal is unique. Strong commercial skills help us to preempt issues and provide an acceptable outcome.
The disposal process can be a distraction, which can impact upon financial performance and potentially erode value. Our approach ensures that you are focussed, as far as possible, on the management of the business and maintaining performance.
What Can You Do?
- Never sell when your business is at the top, leave something on the table
- Incentivise your management team and look after them
- Remember this is a bespoke process, tailored to you and your business
- Be realistic about the price and value of your business
- Choose the right time to sell
- Be aware of enhancers’ values
- Be aware of value destroyers
- Protect confidential and sensitive information
- Determine whether you can trust your management team. When do they mentally become buyers? Incentivise them and look after them
- You are not in business to sell business. Choose the right advisor to work with you
What Will We Do?
- Talk to you on a free, no-obligation basis about your situation and if corporate disposal is the right option for you
- Propose the next steps
- Gain a detailed understanding of your business
- Give an independent view on the potential financial and strategic value of your business
- Prepare the business to maximise value
- Research and evaluate potential purchasers
- Prepare a relevant Information Memorandum
- Make confidential approaches to buyers and solicit indicative offers
- Meet with shortlisted buyers and, if appropriate, provide further information
- Negotiate price, deal structure and other terms of sale with preferred buyer
- Manage the project through to successful completion